Monday, August 10, 2009


From where I stand, it seems to be a bit of "all of the above." We were warned. For years, we have clearly been warned.

REVELATIONS 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Not that I don't understand... I was asleep as well. I was lulled gently to sleep by the distracting "comforts" of our everyday lives such as, "who's going to win American Idol, who's getting divorced already, and did he really get picked up for drunk driving again??" Then there are our families, relationships, and jobs to be concerned with. It's almost unreasonable to expect us to have time to fit anything else into our busy schedules... Or is it? Actually it has been with growing horror that I have come to a realization this past year: we truly have NO CLUE how good we have it at this moment in time. The sadder part is - we should be well aware of that fact.

MARK 13:33-37
Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Watch ye therefore for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

It makes me think of the scene in the Bible when Jesus to Gethsemane to pray shortly before he was to be betrayed & crucified. He told his disciples three times to wait for him, and all three times he returned to find them sleeping. I can only imagine how they must have felt... especially having the Lord standing there looking them in the eye. We fool ourselves into believing that if something REALLY OBVIOUS happened to indicate to us that "this is it" really and truly the last days, we'd hop to attention immediately and be READY to meet the Lord. Will we? Or will we be too preoccupied with our own lives to even recognize him for who he is? Worse yet, will he find us led astray off into some fad, or false gospel, (gnosticism, luciferianism, humanism, the new earth movement etc.,) following what some man (or woman) said, who doesn't know any more than we do. The fact is, as soon as we put our Bibles down, as soon as we stop praying and fortifying ourselves with our connection to the Lord, the enemy begins attacking us with some form of deception. Since the creation of mankind, our own arrogance has been secret weapon no. 1, used artfully, continuously and successfully by satan.
COLOSSIANS 2:6-8

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him, rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

ISAIAH 13:11

And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

Arrogance will be the ultimate downfall of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment